Sources of Front Page Background Images
- Handwritten letter from Louis Riel to Eustache Prudhomme, dated 14 December 1869 (FC 3217.1 R53 R54 1869).
- Handmade binding by Alexander J. McGuckin for The Historical and Chronological Theatre of Christopher Helvicus by Christoph Helwig (D 18 H49 1687).
- A nineteenth-century lontar, a palm-leaf manuscript with Javanese script (Z 110 P34 1800b folio).
- Melhorn-Boe, Lise. Once Upon a House (N 7433.4 M522 A6 O58 1998).
- Tinctor, Jean. Invectives Contre la Secte de Vauderie (BF 1565 T587 1465).
- [Peacock]. Northern Canadian Canoe Trip (ND 249 P43 A64 1886).
- Terry, Astley. The Insects of South India (QL 466 T47 1860).
- A single leaf from Dickinson’s Comprehensive Pictures of the Great Exhibition of 1851: From the Originals Painted for His Royal Highness Prince Albert (uncatalogued print, for further information link to the complete ebook).